Friday, June 09, 2006

A Cool Victory that Arrived a Few Pounds at a Time

My 100 lb Dumb Bell Snatch

On June 23, 2005, the day after cervical fusion surgery, I told the neurosurgeon that would lift my 100lbs dumb bell with my left hand (the side with nerve damage) and send him a picture of it on the one year anniversary of the surgery. Here's the picture.

On May 25, 2006, I almost pressed the 106lbs kb with my left hand. Ken (an agent of God's blessing) suggested I start doing "bottoms-up presses."

On May 31, 2006, I hit my goal and snatched the 100lbs dumb bell with my left hand (witnessed by my son Caleb), and on June 9, 2006, I cleaned and pressed a 106lbs kb over my head with my left hand (witnessed by Kettlebell Ken). I'm not sure I could have done that before the surgery. This is a major milestone in my recovery. I have been blessed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken Black said...

Good stuff. It is great to see you back being bada$$ again. have a great weekend.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Franz Snideman said...

congrats....you should be proud of this accomplishment. Many more victories to come!!

rock on!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home