Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Promoted to "C - Dog Pound"


I participated in the June 2006 Gathering. My plan was to do "stick only" fights, but fights have a way of not following the rules. I ended up getting elbowed and kicked in the head and dragged to ground by my head. At the time, this freaked me out, but my neck feels great.

My skills were dull from lack of practice over the past year (I have the bruises to prove it), but my conditioning was pretty good for an old fat guy. I will be working to sharpen my game as well as strengthening my grip (which failed me a few times).

On top of a great day, I was promoted to Candidate. My new dog name is "C - Dog Pound." Although I have no regard for rank or belts (mine or anyone else's), it means a lot to me to be promoted within the Dog Brother Tribe.

My plan is to fully participate in the November Gathering (I owe someone a kick in the head).

4 Comments:

Blogger Ken Black said...

Congrats Corey. Glad that it went well for you and your neck held up fine. I wouldn't want to be the guy on the recieving end of the kick! I made a softball gripping tool which is way hard. I think that block weights are the best for overall grip development. JMO. See ya Thursday.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Franz Snideman said...

Happy 4th of July Corey!

Blessings!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Tommy Shook said...

Congrats corey..that's a BIG DEAL to people who know what's up in FMA. Looking forward to seeing you again some time when I come back up to Sac.
Woof!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Dharma Hawk said...

Congrats and Kudos. I caught your performance on the National Geographic documentary. I've been an admirer of Guro Crafty and Dog Brothers for a good while now. I found your blog through the DB Public Forum and wanted to show some love and respect.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home