Monday, August 14, 2006

My Inch Challenge Dumbbell


Out of curiousity, I made an "Inch Challenge Dumbbell" ... sort of. The true Inch Dumbbell weights 172 lbs with a 2.5 inch diameter handle. The dumbbell gets it's name from Thomas Inch, a strongman of the past. He offered people £200 ($1000) if they could lift it off the ground. As the story goes, he never had to pay out the money.

Mine weighs the same, but the handle is only 1.5 inches in diameter. I can dead-lift it with a 1.5 inch handle, but when I increased the handle to only 2 inches, I couldn't get it off the ground.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ken Black said...

Sweet you have to bring it over sometime!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Tommy Shook said...

Keep that thing away from me!!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Franz Snideman said...

good lord! That thing truly is a BEAST! Nice work!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home